Valentine’s Day is that one day during the year when couples go all-out with romantic gestures that range from cute and sweet to grand and glamorous. The key to planning a Valentine’s Day date guaranteed to be remembered for a long time is to do something that departs from the traditional flower bouquet, chocolate and a fancy dinner. Make the day all about your boyfriend or husband by highlighting his favorite things such as sports, bands or cars as you plan Valentine-themed activities.
Rend his Dream Car
- Hand him the keys to the car or truck that he has been hankering after. You don’t have to buy the car; just lease it for a few days. Let him live it up as a hot-car owner by taking his car for show-off sessions with his buddies who can only wish they had a girlfriend as thoughtful and generous as you are.
Plan a Bonfire Date
- Plan a bonfire date complete with s’mores supplies, wine, and a plush blanket large enough for the two of you to cuddle together. This works best at the beach, where you can dance barefoot to his favorite songs when you get the urge.
- Don’t give up on the bonfire idea just because you happen to live someplace where Valentine’s Day means wintry conditions. Indoor camping can be just as fun. Set up a tent in your living room and use scented candles to create the right ambiance. Add an electric s’mores maker, wine, a plush rug and his kind of music for the perfect party for two.
- A scavenger hunt will require a bit of preparation from both of you. You will have to choose the places ahead of time-based on a theme. For instance, you could agree to pick places that are memorable to you, leaving clues that would lead to the next stop. This way, you could relive special moments in your relationship on Valentine’s Day.
- Consider a subway adventure. Create new experiences in your beloved city by exploring less familiar places accessible by the subway. Enjoy breakfast in an unknown cafe, lunch at a bistro you’ve never tried and dinner in another part of town. This is not as exhausting as it sounds because neither one of you will be driving or worrying about finding a parking spot.
Book a Unique Hotel
- Give him a day-cation. Book a unique hotel within driving distance. Make sure that the hotel provides access to activities and amenities that he appreciates, such as golf, hiking, hang-gliding or whatever floats his boat. Bonus points for you if you can convince your partner to stay blindfolded as you drive to the special destination.
Hot Air Balloon Adventure
- Take your hot dude on a hot air balloon adventure. Enjoy spectacular views as you float above everyone celebrating Valentine’s in cliched and traditional ways. Extra points for you as the event planner if you can sneak in a bottle of bubbly to enjoy while you hover a few thousand feet off the ground.
Small Gestures in Massive Amounts
- If you can’t get away for Valentine’s Day, make the day special with small gestures in massive amounts. Prepare sweet little notes to tell him how much you appreciate your life together. Leave the notes in different places around the house or in the car. This is guaranteed to bring a smile to his face for many days to come. Not all of the notes have to be found on Valentine’s Day only.
Calendar with his Photos
- Create a calendar using his photos only. You will need 12 unique photos of your man in 12 poses and settings. Choose pictures that show him at his best or his funniest. As an alternative, you can use photos of the two of you together taken at different times and seasons. You can make the calendar as formal or as irreverent as you want. Any shop that offers photo printing services will offer calendar design and production services as well.
- Take him to a wine-tasting festival. No one needs to be a wine expert to enjoy wine-tasting events. As an alternative, you can go to a craft beer festival where local breweries encourage attendees to sample their products and provide feedback for their products. This is a Valentine’s Day celebration that will warm a man’s heart.
Valentine’s Day Quotes for Him
- All my life, my heart has yearned for a thing I cannot name. – By Andre Breton
- And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you, and I’d choose you. – By The Chaos of Stars
- And suddenly all the love songs were about you.
- From the first time I saw you, I knew you would have my heart. Happy Valentine’s Day to the best husband I could have asked for.
- Happy Valentine’s Day to my handsome guy. I am proud to be yours and love being with you on this day and each chance we can get!
- I love that rush when he folds me into his arms and I can let out a sigh of relief, knowing I’m safe there. Always. – By Michelle Poelking
- When I’m with you, hours feel like seconds. When we’re apart, days feel like years.
- I love you because you make me ridiculously happy.
- I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow. – By Leo Christopher
- I will never forget the moment I realized I loved you.
- I’ve never been so scared of losing something in my entire life, then again nothing in my life has ever meant as much to me as you do.
- Love is more than longing gazes, dancing in the rain and candlelight dinners, but I am so glad we experience all of that and more. I love you!
- My favorite place in all of the world is next to you.
- Sometimes I wonder how you put up with me. Then I remember, oh I put up with you. So we’re even.
- You stole my heart, but I’ll let you keep it.